We are I Love Glasgow and this data protection notice gives detailed information as to when and why we collected personal information from you, how we keep it secure and how we use it. We refer to ourselves within this notice as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
I Love Glasgow built this website and app as a free information service. This SERVICE is provided by I Love Glasgow at no cost and is intended for use as such – unless you subscribe to a premium version of the I Love Glasgow app.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information when you interacted with us including when you download our app, visit our website, and/or sign up for our emails.
- We collect your personal information in one of the ways described below:
- When you sign up to our app and entered your name, D.O.B., gender and email address.
- If you contact us by email, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECTED
- If email addresses or any other personal data is requested. It may be stored for user authentication or to purchase items, then it will not be sold or used for any other purpose without permission.
- The app does NOT use third party services that may collect information used to identify you. I Love Glasgow are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy whilst remaining compliant with The General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA).
We may collect information that was necessary to perform the services you have requested or that was otherwise necessary for us to operate.
We may collect the following information from you:Information obtained directly from you (for example, on our website, on our app, via email, or when you interact with us online:
- Date of birth
- Email address
Where relevant we may have also collected:
- Payment Card details. Please note that no credit card information is stored or is accessible by I Love Glasgow. All payments and payment details are handled by Apple and Google Play Store.
- Email preferences
- Information provided in correspondence when you contact us
Our website uses Google Analytics, Google Ads and a Facebook Pixel to track user behaviour when spending time on this site and for re-marketing purposes to serve ads online to previous visitors.
The information we collect from you enables us to:
- Send you information or content in which you may be interested
- Keep you abreast of any updates related to the website and app
- Deliver our services and meet our legal responsibilities
- Verify your identity where this is required
- Contact you by email
- Understand your needs and how they may be met
- Maintain our records
- Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
- Improve our website and app
- Send you marketing information
We may also send electronic marketing communications to you directly (if we have your consent to do so). You can opt out of receiving such marketing communications at any time.
3. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide information you have asked for, to provide a service (or goods) you have requested from us.
Below we describe how and why we use this information and how long we retain it.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To fulfil our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business.
- Processing your payments (although please be aware we will not hold your payment details for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
- Contacting you with any important information in relation to our services including confirmation of your orders, reminders, details of any changes, delays or other information relevant to your membership
- For the internal administration of any of your purchases from us
- Contact you to respond to your queries (for example, if you email us with a question)
- Improving our website, app and online services
- Email address and password – If we collect a user name and password, this is so we can keep your information secure and so that we can have your information to hand if you need help with your account or subscription.
- Email address – We send confirmation of subscriptions and to send you informational messages.
- Sign up information including name, date of birth, and gender – This information is required in order for us to communicate with you, for re-marketing and to understand our user base when when developing features for the app.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- App usage data – including location services.
When we have a legal obligation to do so, In appropriate circumstances we shall use your information to fulfil our legal obligations which may include:
- Detecting and reducing the risk of fraudulent transactions in person or online
- To keep our databases up to date
- For our financial records
- Such other obligations as are imposed on us from time to time
- Deleting or updating the information we hold about you if we learn such information is inaccurate
- Complying with your data rights
When it is in our legitimate interest to do so, We use your information, where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, to:
- Use pseudonymised details to guide advertising on social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) or through other third party advertising. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymised to protect your personal information.
- Enable us to run the test version of our app that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our services.
- Identify and contact individuals who are in a position to support our business
- Retain your personal information on our secure customer relationship management system for the above purposes.
We keep your personal information as long as necessary for the legal purposes set out above.
I Love Glasgow have a legitimate interest in further processing the information which is provided by customers at the point of sign up for marketing purposes. We may use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
- To ensure that content from our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have either explicitly consented to or we believe you have a legitimate interest in.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service. We do not sell, rent or lease customer lists to third parties.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
I Love Glasgow will not share, sell or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties without your express prior permission.
We shall share your data with third parties who are performing services on our behalf, in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example fraud protection) or in order to enforce our rights, property or the safety of I Love Glasgow.
We may share your personal information with the following organisations:
- Service providers working on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processing, database services, website hosting services, providers or online and/or cloud services
- Third party data services and analytics platforms who assist us with segmenting and understanding our audiences.
If we have your permission, or it is otherwise made expressly clear in advance, we may share your personal information with:
- Named third parties who if you ticked an opt in to allow us to provide your details to such third parties. (We recommend that you check the data protection notices provided by such third parties and contact their Data Protection Officer (or equivalent) if you have any queries)
If we are required to do so by law (for example under money laundering or charity law legislation, or under a court order) we may share your personal information with the police, other law enforcement or regulatory bodies or a government authority investigating unlawful activities.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided under the ‘Contact Us about your personal information’ section below.
Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way. Your data protection rights are summarised under the tab immediately below.
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Data Protection Notice);
- To have accurate information held about you, and to have your details updated when they are inaccurate. You may amend your personal details and contact preferences at any time. If you prefer, you can contact us by email to update your details with us;
- To ask us to delete your data (often called the “right to be forgotten”). We might not always be able to delete it, under the law there are some circumstances in which we will need to, or are entitled to, hold on to it;
- To object to how we use your data, and request that we stop using it for certain purposes. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict such uses of your information, but we are entitled to refuse that request.
- To withdraw your consent, where we are using your personal information with your consent (as described above in the ‘Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How we use it” section).
- To ask us to transfer your data to another organisation, where your data is held in a machine-readable, commonly used way, and can be safely transferred.
- If we make a decision about you using automated means, you have right to request that the decision be reviewed by a human; and
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
We may request additional information so that we can verify your identity (and to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it). This may include:
- A colour copy of your driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill
- If your request relates to a specific transaction with the Blackfriars Inverness, evidence of that transaction (i.e. a receipt or confirmation).
We may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us enact your rights in accordance with the law.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances, we will notify you.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I Love Glasgow is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Protection Notice. This is done in a number of different way including:
- The country we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as being sufficiently secure;
- The recipient is located in the United States and is a certified member of the approved EU-US Privacy Shield Scheme; or
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information.
In all such cases we shall ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
However, please note that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website, however, once we have received your data, we will use adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
7. CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We keep this data protection notice under review and will let you know about any changes made to it by email or another suitable method of communication. The latest version of this notice will always appear on this page.
8. CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint relation to our use of your personal information, you may contact us using the following details: email@example.com